More from this collection
Ownership Transition Strategies - VIRTUAL SEMINAR (Starting November 2, 2020)
Zweig Group examines the ever-complex environment of ownership transition in an AEC firm. The presentation covers a range of topics, giving attendees a new view of ownership transition and how an effective plan can be put into place. Whether the attendees are young, up and coming AEC professionals or principals looking at their impending transition, the content gives everyone an introspective view of their career. We plan to take a deep dive into ESOPs to better understand the benefits of this transition option.
- Three-week program, with one-hour meetings each week of live content
- Taking place on Zoom meetings so participants are able to network with the instructors as well as the other participants
- Three credit hours
- Three live meetings with the Zweig Group instructors
- The same highly-rated seminar content will be taught in the convenience of your own home/office
- Polls, quizzes and interactive material that will keep participants engaged
- Participants will also get the recorded sessions to look back on for years to come
- A comprehensive seminar workbook
MODULE ONE - Monday, November 2nd, 2020 from 12:00 PM-1:00 PM CT
MODULE TWO - Monday, November 9th, 2020 from 12:00 PM-1:00 PM CT
MODULE THREE - Monday, November 16th, 2020 from 12:00 PM-1:00 PM CT
Will Swearingen, Director, Ownership Transition, Zweig Group
Jamie Claire Kiser, Managing Principal, Advisory Services, Zweig Group
Pat Stoltz, Vice President, Wintrust
Discussion Topics Include:
1. Industry data on owners and general overview of why transition planning is such an important but often overlooked item in AEC firms.
2. Discuss common issues with transitions and how to determine the right path forward with confidence. Look at transition options (ESOP, private equity, M&A, traditional).
4. Traditional ownership transition in detail: Strategic planning, financial modeling, education, presentation.
5. Explore ESOPs: feasibility, finance, and culture. Open discussion panel with firm leaders and founders that have converted to an ESOP to discuss the benefits.
6. Valuation applications and techniques: Why are values different for different scenarios or types of transitions?
7. Explore the concept of “Losing Control.” Open discussion panel with firm owners who have sold their ownership position below 50%. Identify the hurdles and solutions to making this move as it relates to successful transition planning.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone in the AEC Industry that is wanting to know about how to transition the ownership of your firm.
Attendees of this seminar earn 3 LU/3 PDH/.3 CEU of continuing education credits!
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects, and SMPS.