More from this collection
Project Management for AEC Professionals - VIRTUAL SEMINAR (Starting October 29, 2020)
This is a four-week program of one and a half-hours each week live zoom meetings with our seminar instructors. These meetings will be a mix of presentations, discussions, and open-ended Q&A sessions, with the ability to continue the discussion via discussion forum from week to week. This will be the same great content that is taught during our in-person Project Management for AEC Professionals seminar. This course is taught by Zweig Group’s strategic partner; Start2Rise.
A new seminar for project managers led by a panel of 3 experts backed by a ton of research on how to best train project managers to be more effective and efficient.
This training course covers the critical focus areas every AEC Industry project manager should be familiar with and is presented in lecture, tutorial, individual exercises, and case study workshop sessions. Attendees will leave armed with a comprehensive understanding of the characteristics, skills, and techniques successful project managers must have to flourish in their role.
Each team member brings their own unique experiences and skillset to project teams. Effectively leveraging the talents of your team can optimize team effectiveness. Project Management for AEC Professionals provides people-focused, science-driven practical skills to help project leaders harness the power of their team. By addressing the most important aspects of any project – the people – this course will provide practical techniques that can be immediately implemented for a positive impact on any AEC team or business.
AEC Professionals are extensively trained on technical skills and less so on how to manage a team. However, with rapidly evolving technology, increasing fee pressure, multi-generational teams, and many other challenges, effective team leadership in project environments has proven to be the key to thriving in the high-pressure AEC environment. These challenges, coupled with the fact that project managers are often left to learn on the job, leaves new and seasoned leaders left to use a trial and error style team leadership that is prone to missteps. Each decision made can impact profit, risk, and client-relationships. This course will take the guesswork out of leading your team and develop project leaders who are equipped with practical, science-backed skills to empower their teams to achieve and surpass their goals.
- Same content that is taught during the In-Person Project Management for AEC Professionals
- Taking place on a Zoom meeting, participants are able to network with the instructors as well as the other participants
- Cohort-based format with tools that allow for ongoing networking, collaborative problem solving, and discussion for the length of the program
- Four-week program, with one and a half-hour meetings each week of live content
- Six credit hours
- This course is taught by Zweig Group’s strategic partner; Start2Rise.
- Four live meetings with the Start2Rise instructors
- The same highly-rated seminar content will be taught in the convenience of your own home/office
- Polls, quizzes and interactive material that will keep participants engaged
- Instructor-led, cohort discussion forum for ongoing course discussion and participant networking for the duration of the course.
- Four, one and a half-hour live group lessons that blend up to date industry data with empirically supported methods and techniques, delivered by expert instructors. This course is based on the latest in adult learning methodologies, including interactive polling, discussion, reflection, and open forum Q&A opportunities.
- Continuous electronic access to instructors for the duration of the course to ask questions and troubleshoot performance issues.
MODULE ONE - Thursday, October 29, 2020 from 1:00 PM-2:30 PM CT
MODULE TWO - Thursday, November 5, 2020 from 1:00 PM-2:30 PM CT
MODULE THREE - Thursday, November 12, 2020 from 1:00 PM-2:30 PM CT
MODULE FOUR - Thursday, November 19, 2020 from 1:00 PM-2:30 PM CT
This course is taught by Zweig Group’s strategic partner; Start2Rise.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Role of the Project Manager: Managing versus Leading
- Developing the Key Competencies of Successful Project Managers
- Tools to Improve Effectiveness
- Neutralizing Common Issues
- Leading Temporary Teams: Competency Alignment in Dynamic Projects
- Project Leadership Mini-Cases
- Troubleshooting Common Obstacles and Barriers to Effective Project Management
- Q&A and Discussion
- Where to go from here? Wrap up.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Current project management leaders looking to take their performance to the next level
- Professionals wanting to enhance their knowledge of project management
- Design and technical professionals as well as managers, architects, engineers, planners, scientists, surveyors, and designers
- Anyone who aspires to become a project manager in an AEC Firm
WHAT ATTENDEES WILL LEARN FROM THIS PROGRAM:
- Understand the multiple roles of the project manager, including project leadership as a key differentiator of successful project managers.
- Understand and develop the key skills and competencies of successful project managers and how to immediately implement your new techniques;
- Develop tools to improve the effectiveness of your teams.
- Learn about common issues, how to identify them, and how to neutralize their impact on your team.
- Develop the ability to identify the project environment and understand which approaches are favored over others for a given project type.
- Create rapid cohesion in your team by successfully building and maintaining trust.
- Practice new skills and approaches in “safe to fail” mini-cases based on actual scenarios from real-life projects.
$599/participant and a discount of 20% off each registration if a firm registers 3 or more people. Use discount code VIRTUALPM for 20% off 3 or more registrations at checkout.
Attendees of this seminar earn 6 LU/6 PDH/.6 CEU of continuing education credits!
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects, and SMPS.